menu home USA visa Lawabout Tills Visa LawTills Visa Law ServicesTills Visa law BlogVisa Law Immigrations USAtills contact visa lawTills Visa Law SpanishTills Visa Law French
FAQ : Immigration and Visa
For all your questions, you should contact the appropriate American Consulate or Embassy in your country, in advance to determine its application process and the current application fee. Your country's Us Embassy is the best resource. You may also check the Department of State website at: for the United States Embassies & Consulates throughout the world.(top R-H side of their website). You may select your preferred language for your county's U.S. Embassy.
Question: Can Pres. Obama grant legal status by Exec. Order. (Nov.2014).
Answer:- Yes, if he is using his executive power to enforce the Immigration Law, and not change the law.
Question: What status can he grant to Illegal aliens:
Answer 1:- The status will be an Order of Supervision (OSUP), which entitles the alien to obtain work authorization.
Answer 2:- For aliens currently in deportation proceedings, or previously deported, they will need to also have an Order of Deferral of Removal issued by U.S ICE or the Immigration Judge.
Answer 2:- This status is not permanent resident status (green card), nor does it make an alien eligible to file for permanent resident status.
Question: What is meant by reopening a deportation or removal order?
Answer: When ICE believes you are unlawfully present in the United States, it starts a process now known as removal proceedings. They may be sometimes referred to as deportation proceedings. You will be served with a Notice To Appear (NTA) which is filed with the immigration court to start the process. The charges are outlined that believes makes you removable. Eventually, the immigration judge will determine whether you should be removed or allowed to stay. If the judge determines you should be removed or you do not attend your court date, a removal order will be issued against you. A motion to reopen a deportation or removal order seeks to stop your removal and bring the case back before the judge.
Question: What does my spouse or child need to apply for a dependent visa stamp?
Answer:- If your family members are applying with you, required documentation typically includes:
    * Marriage Certificate (to show relationship of you and your spouse) &
    * Birth Certificate (for a dependent child)
    * Completed and signed Optional Form 156 (Non-immigrant Visa Application) which is available at the        U.S. Embassy or Consulate * Valid passport
    * One passport-style photograph
    * Appropriate filing fees for the U.S. Consulate. (This fee differs for each consulate.)
Question: What about US Canada Border Travel Initiatives?
It is helpful to remind frequent travelers to Canada about the travel tips for US and Canadian citizens issued by CPB.
*The Know Before You Go section of the US Customs and Border Protection website assists travelers in preparing for the process of crossing the border. Border crossing requirements have changed. For the latest updates, please click here.
*The CPB site also advises regarding the difference between goods for personal and commercial use, the prohibition on bringing fruits, meats, dairy/poultry.
Complimentary Consultation
Stephen K. Tills Esq. would like to extend a complimentary initial consultation session with you regarding your Visa, immigration or detention concerns in the USA.
What is  DEFFERED ACTION - the check list  by the Department of Homeland Security  (DHS) for QUALIFIED applicants in the Dream Act?
DHS indicates that eligible applicants must:
1. Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16. 1. Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012.
3. Have maintained continuous residence. Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes.
4. Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military.
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively. Does this mean the applicants are not really citizens of the USA? For answers ask your Immigration Lawyer.
immigration united states of america

To personally answer your question, send us an email or
Call Stephen K. Tills at

Let us know if your situation is urgent. Otherwise, we will get back to you on the next business day.

Stephen K. Tills Attorney at Law PO Box 635,6413 West Quaker Road, Orchard Park, New York. 14127-2354
T: 716.662.5080 Fax: 716.662.8475 E:
┬ęcopyright 2007-2018 All rights reserved